April 21, 2012

Food as Tradition and Culture

Food is one of the joys in my life - I love to eat it, cook it, look at it, converse about it, and read and learn about it.   

Growing up as a child, I was nourished on my mom's delicious home-cooking.  As a grown woman and wife, I have come to appreciate the family heritage and cultural traditions that are infused into my mom's cooking.  My mom learnt to cook many of her signature dishes from my grandma (who is also a great cook), and she has since passed on these recipes to me.  Perhaps this is why I especially love cooking traditional Chinese dishes so much - it's a vital way for me to participate in and preserve the traditions of my family and culture. 


So, here I am, sharing about the food that I love to cook and eat, from my kitchen to yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment